CensusAtSchool 11 Results
Did you know that 30% of the students who did our survey last year sleep with their phone under their pillow? It's true! Have a look at the published findings and you'll see some interesting data. In total 7,150 secondary school students from 216 schools completed the 2011/2012 CensusAtSchool questionnaire between August 2011 and August 2012. The questionnaire covered a variety of topics ranging from what students have for breakfast, the types of sports activity they participate in and where they keep their mobile phones. Have a read of the results below to see the stories the data tells.
– Interesting findings from results:
- 30% of respondents of the 2011/12 survey stated they kept their mobile phones under their pillow while sleeping (chart 1).
- The most popular time of the morning to get out of bed was between 7.30am and 8.00am (chart 4)
- 53% of respondents indicated they eat cereal for breakfast. Toast (17%) and cooked breakfast (6%) were the next most popular choices (chart 6).
- Football (14%) was the most popular participation sport followed by Gaelic football (13%) and Basketball (9%) (Chart 9).
- Usain Bolt (34%) was the most popular choice when students were asked to name a famous Olympian. The next most popular and also the first Irish sportsperson to be named was Sonia O’Sullivan (13%) (chart 11).
Visit the CSO website to interact with the graphical representation of the result findings.