BACK TO GET DATA
CensusAtSchool 12 Results
8,610 secondary school students from 243 schools completed the Phase 12 questionnaire of the CensusAtSchool survey between August 2012 and August 2013. The questionnaire covered a variety of topics ranging from how students travelled to school to how much they use the internet and what types of musical instruments they play.
– Interesting findings from results:
- Nearly two-thirds of students (61%) were in touch with friends over the Internet during the week prior to answering the survey.
- Just 2% of students stated they had not been online during the same time period.
- 45% of students indicated they play a musical instrument. The most popular instruments were the Piano (30%), Guitar (25%) and the Tin Whistle (13%).
- Over two-thirds of students (67%) have a game console at home.
- Spanish (41%), Italian (16%) and Chinese(11%) were the languages stated by students as being the most preferred to learn when given a choice of any languages that were not currently available in their schools.
- The most common method of travelling to school by students was by Car (47%). Travelling by Bus (27%) and Walking (21%) were the next most popular methods of travelling to school.
- 44% of students take less than 10 minutes to travel to school. In contrast 3% of students take over 60 minutes to travel to their school.
- Male and female students both selected Football, Boxing and Athletics as the top three sports in which they would most like to represent Ireland at the Olympics from a list of 28 options.
- CSO Further Findings…
Visit the CSO website to interact with the graphical representation of the result findings.