Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Baby Names of Ireland
The Central Statistics Office online Data Visualisation Tool enables students to search how popular Irish baby names were/are in any given year in ...
Government Spending 2008-2011
Data to work with and student worksheets on the theme of Government spending. Data is provided based on both 2008 and 2011 figures -- all have been...
An explanation of how and why we use scatter diagrams and lines of best fit, posing questions for pupils to explore and think about.