Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Pupils are asked to sort out 20 histograms onto groups and try to identify the characteristics of each group. Great for really embedding the concep...
Suitable for Leaving Certificate level. These task models the height data taken from the pilot of CensusAtSchool to a Normal distribution. Students...
How Popular is Your Birthday?
The Central Statistics Office online Data Visualisation Tool enables students to find out how many people they share their birthday with. Maths ...
Which Way Is The Best Way?
What is the best way to construct a graph from data that is ranked? This worksheet explores how to graph the data using pie charts and stacked bar ...