Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Inductive Statements 2
Worksheet giving factual data from the Pilot of CensusAtSchool presented as a series of statements. These may lead to work on Averages, Percentages...
Data With No Name
Here is a set of data with little background. Students are invited, via a series of questions, to turn the data into usable, useful information app...
Bottom Of The Pile!
Can your students understand this time-series graph showing the teams being voted as likely to come bottom of the English Premiership during the fo...