Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Which Way Is The Best Way?
What is the best way to construct a graph from data that is ranked? This worksheet explores how to graph the data using pie charts and stacked bar ...
Are Height And Foot Size Related?
Uses data from CensusAtSchool to produce a histogram of foot sizes of over 860 Irish school children aged between 12 and 20 and invites students to...
What Information Does This Graph Give You?
Simple sheet emphasising the need for all graphs to have useful titles, labels, and keys.
Do You Have Big Feet?
Uses data from CensusAtSchool to produce a scatter graph of girls and boys' foot sizes and invites pupils to draw conclusions from the data.