Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Irish Population Growth
Students are asked to investigate the population of Ireland over the last century by drawing graphs and also by using algebraic methods.
You Are The Investigator!
Decide on an interesting question to investigate using your class CensusAtSchool results. Adapted from the Canadian resource of the same name.
Data Handling Project
Uses Excel to look for a relationship between height and foot size. This resource was created by Deborah Stanley of Simon Langton Girls' Grammar Sc...
Baby Names of Ireland
The Central Statistics Office online Data Visualisation Tool enables students to search how popular Irish baby names were/are in any given year in ...