Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland’s top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cycles and tractors in graphical form. It will allow users to follow trends in fuel types, colours and top makes. People can also rank their own car model for a particular month.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online data tool as follows;
- Identifying the Most Popular Car by Month
- Calculating the Total Car Sales for a Particular Month
- Calculating the number of sales of the most popular car in a particular month as a % of the total number of sales in that month.
- Tracking the Popularity of Your Car From 2014 to 2019
- Trends of Fuel Types
- Percentage of Imported Cars
Teacher support materials
Do We Need To Ask Everyone?
Looks at what samples are and how they can be used. Allowing students to compare their small sample against some initial CensusAtSchool results. Di...
What A Funny Looking Graph!
Using real data from South African children to illustrate rounding errors in measurement. Exercises in what degrees of accuracy are needed with var...
House Prices by Eircode
The CSO Data Visualisation tool provides everyone with easy access to valuable information regarding the residential property market in a given are...
Inductive Statements 1
Worksheet giving factual data from the Pilot of CensusAtSchool presented as a series of statements. These may lead to work on Averages, Percentages...