The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool to track key indicators on the relationship between Ireland and the United Kingdom. The information is displayed graphically and links directly to the CSO databank so that the most recent data available is always shown.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online tool as follows;
- Calculating the percentage of Ireland’s Trade in Services (Imports) that comes from the United Kingdom
- Interpreting the Trade in Services (Imports) Combined Bar Chart/ Trend Graph.
- Ireland’s Trade in Services (Exports) using the charts
- Calculating a Rolling Annual %
- Calculating the average spend by Irish residents on trips to Great Britain and other countries.
Teacher support materials
Bottom Of The Pile!
Can your students understand this time-series graph showing the teams being voted as likely to come bottom of the English Premiership during the fo...
What Information Does This Graph Give You?
Simple sheet emphasising the need for all graphs to have useful titles, labels, and keys.
Government Spending 2008-2011
Data to work with and student worksheets on the theme of Government spending. Data is provided based on both 2008 and 2011 figures -- all have been...
Is Your Foot One Foot Long?
Students are asked to think about the concept of length using the comparison between the standard 12-inch foot and real feet. Teacher notes includi...