The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool to track key indicators on the relationship between Ireland and the United Kingdom. The information is displayed graphically and links directly to the CSO databank so that the most recent data available is always shown.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online tool as follows;
- Calculating the percentage of Ireland’s Trade in Services (Imports) that comes from the United Kingdom
- Interpreting the Trade in Services (Imports) Combined Bar Chart/ Trend Graph.
- Ireland’s Trade in Services (Exports) using the charts
- Calculating a Rolling Annual %
- Calculating the average spend by Irish residents on trips to Great Britain and other countries.
Teacher support materials
House Prices by Eircode
The CSO Data Visualisation tool provides everyone with easy access to valuable information regarding the residential property market in a given are...
Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland's top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cyc...
Baby Names of Ireland
The Central Statistics Office online Data Visualisation Tool enables students to search how popular Irish baby names were/are in any given year in ...
Features of a Good Questionnaire
Explore the features of a good questionnaire by examining the style of various sample questions and identifying the different answer types. In t...