The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool to track key indicators on the relationship between Ireland and the United Kingdom. The information is displayed graphically and links directly to the CSO databank so that the most recent data available is always shown.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online tool as follows;
- Calculating the percentage of Ireland’s Trade in Services (Imports) that comes from the United Kingdom
- Interpreting the Trade in Services (Imports) Combined Bar Chart/ Trend Graph.
- Ireland’s Trade in Services (Exports) using the charts
- Calculating a Rolling Annual %
- Calculating the average spend by Irish residents on trips to Great Britain and other countries.
Teacher support materials
Comparing National Statistic data to CensusAtSchool data on car ownership and traffic. Interpretation, line graphs, and in the extension task, comp...
Is Your Foot One Foot Long?
Students are asked to think about the concept of length using the comparison between the standard 12-inch foot and real feet. Teacher notes includi...
Sample Handling Data Unit
Using the CensusAtSchool project as a tool in delivering data handling in the classroom. The aim of this lesson was to:
Ireland’s Top Motors
The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool for Ireland's top motors presents annual data on private cars, commercial vehicles, motor cyc...