The Central Statistics Office Data Visualisation tool to track key indicators on the relationship between Ireland and the United Kingdom. The information is displayed graphically and links directly to the CSO databank so that the most recent data available is always shown.
Maths teacher, James Carroll, has created some lesson activities to accompany the online tool as follows;
- Calculating the percentage of Ireland’s Trade in Services (Imports) that comes from the United Kingdom
- Interpreting the Trade in Services (Imports) Combined Bar Chart/ Trend Graph.
- Ireland’s Trade in Services (Exports) using the charts
- Calculating a Rolling Annual %
- Calculating the average spend by Irish residents on trips to Great Britain and other countries.
Teacher support materials
Encouraging students to examine data carefully to try to determine where bias may be unintentionally introduced into data.
Irish Population Growth
Students are asked to investigate the population of Ireland over the last century by drawing graphs and also by using algebraic methods.
Statistics Statements – True Or False?
This resource is based on key concepts needed by students to understand basic Statistics. Pairs are asked to discuss statements on cards and decide...
A Simple worksheet asking pupils to draw A tally table and bar chart and discuss some issues about the data.